I just signed up! How do I access my account and schedule my initial visit?
Welcome to Stepping Stone Health!! We are so excited to support you on your path to optimal health!! After you have registered on Healthie, you will receive a Welcome Email with instructions on how to access your online account. Once you are in your account you can schedule an initial in-person visit with your doctor. Or call us at (317) 886-1285 and we can help schedule your first appointment.
Is there anything I should do before my first appointment?
- We are looking forward to meeting you in-person for your first visit!
- Before you arrive, please complete your intake questionnaire. Please note that these forms do take time, and plan to allocate at least 30 minutes to complete them.
- If you have any previous labs or test results that you want your doctor to review, you can bring them to the first visit.
- Call or email us if you have any questions.
How do I cancel or reschedule my appointment?
There are two options. You can go directly into your Healthie account and cancel or reschedule or you can call us at (317) 886-1285. Please make sure to give us 24 hours notice if changing your appointment, thank you!
Can Stepping Stone Health be my primary care physician?
We are not your conventional primary care physician. However, for many of our members we can take the place of a primary care physician. Because you can message us online during business hours we are often able to take care of acute requests. For example, prescribing an antibiotic for a minor infection such as a sinus infection. It is important to note the following however:
We do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in network primary care physician as we are not in-network with any insurance plan.
- We are not available for same-day emergency appointments.
- We do not have a 24 hour answering service and calls on the weekends will go to voicemail. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to visit an ER or urgent care center.
How much does it cost to be part of Stepping Stone Health?
- Stepping Stone Health believes in a membership model or subscription model of care.
- Membership is core to our philosophy because we believe a membership model encourages you to continual invest in your health. Similiar to a gym membership, you are more likely to utilize our resources because you feel you need to make the membership worthwhile. If you only paid for the gym when you went, chances are you wouldn’t go as often.
- By making a monthly payment, it allows you to spread out the cost over time
- Our mission is to help you see results and results that last take time. We believe you deserve access to a meaningful amount of care and the opportunity to work with our team over time at an affordable price.
- For those uncertain of the membership model, we do offer a cash pay fee-for-service.
- Book and appointment today and we will discuss plan options during the first visit.
What is included in my membership?
- Virtual visits via phone or secure video (your initial visit must be in person).
- Your very own, personal Health Coach.
- Unlimited e-mail contact for quick questions.
- Unlimited direct messaging (similar to text messaging) to MD and/or Health Coach with the Healthie app.
- Access to advanced Functional Medicine.
- Access to specialty testing.
- Discounted conventional labs (Ideal for those with an high deductible/HSA plan).
- Discount on professional-grade supplements.
- Drop ship supplements and lab kits to your home.
- Access to private facebook community.
- Member events and partner discounts (stay tuned, more to come).
- Online scheduling and payment.
What is not included in my membership?
- Supplements members choose to purchase through Stepping Stone Health.
- The cost of lab tests and draw fee.
- Many lab tests are covered by insurance plans, however, some may not be covered at all or require a co-pay.
- Health care services provided by other providers, such as emergency, urgent care, and specialist care, will be billed to you or your insurance plan by those providers.
- Non-medical services recommended by Stepping Stone Health but provided by others, such as acupuncture, chiropractic, yoga and fitness classes.
- Medications whether prescribed or over-the-counter.
Is Stepping Stone Health covered by insurance?
- We are “insurance free”. Free from the constraints placed on doctors by third-party payers.
- We do not accept any form of insurance so that you have greater access to the doctors and staff of Stepping Stone Health, longer appointment times and unhurried visits, just to name a few of the benefits.
- You may request a receipt for your monthly membership fees or fee-for-service visits(if you choose) and then submit your receipts to insurance on your own. Your policy may cover out of network services according to their rules.
- In some cases, HSA/FSA dollars may be applied to membership fees
Does my membership to Stepping Stone Health serve as insurance?
We do not serve as health insurance.
Do I still need health insurance?
Yes. Having health insurance is important to help cover unforeseen, catastrophic medical events, complicated/costly medical procedures, tests and specialist care. We recommend you talk to your insurance advisor to determine the best plan for you and your family.
Do my monthly membership fees go towards my deductible and/or are they covered by my insurance/HSA/FSA?
- It is best to check with your insurance provider regarding your specific plans coverage details.
- In some cases HSA/FSA dollars may be applied to membership fees but may not count toward your deductible.
- You may request a receipt for monthly membership fees or fee-for-service visits and then submit your receipts to insurance on your own.
Can I use my insurance for conventional lab tests?
While Stepping Stone Health has negotiated significant cash-pay discounts on most conventional labs, you may choose to have the lab bill your insurance directly at the retail price.
What if I change my mind about my membership?
- If you change your mind, you have 60 days from the day you register online to request a refund.
- If you have not come in for your initial doctor visit, you will receive a full refund.
- If you have already had your initial visit with your doctor, you will receive a refund minus a cancellation fee of $250.00. This cancellation fee is to cover our cost of the doctor and administrative time costs incurred from your initial visit.
- If you need to cancel within the 60-day window, please email us
- Temporary interruptions in the availability of or access to Stepping Stone Health services or interruptions due to circumstances outside of Stepping Stone Health’s control will not create a right to cancel your membership or request a refund/credit.